Record power CL5 12x15 lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishandchips

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

It’s been a few years since I was active on this forum, too many hobbies to little time.

My uncle passed away last year and all his woodworking gear is coming up for sale, I intend to post it up here at some point once I have reminded myself of the classified rules. He Had the lathe below, I can’t find any info about it online? He did live in the us for a few years and it could be a us model. I can’t advertise it without a price if I remember but I can’t find a value for it online. He’s upgraded the motor to a brook crompton FLA 2.5 whatever that means, the original motor was 250w.

any help would be appreciated

many thanks

garry

E1D28311-8FEA-40A2-B163-DA75803C5653.jpeg3BEF98CA-ED96-47B4-BFAA-E9A98DD6791A.jpeg

Cheers bushwhaker, that did come up on google earlier, was just about the only mention of it. Thought as it’s 10 years gone by since that thread someone might have a little bit more info, like it’s the same as a “**” but with a different brand or model number but just a US model.

From what I can see from the pictures it looks almost identical to my CL3 x 36, the tail stock looks improved and I’m guessing with the size of the headstock that it only has 3 speeds? If that’s the case then possibly pitch at a slightly lower price than one of those.

If that’s an Axminster chuck then I would be interested in the reverse mounted jaws if you decide to advertise them separately, I’ll keep an eye out in the for sale section.

Back