Record Power BSD250 drive belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mead Camans

George
Reaction score
Hi all,

Longest of long shots here, but does anyone have any clue where I might find a replacement drive belt for my Record Power BDS250 belt & disc sander?

Failing that, does anyone have such a spare part gathering dust in a shed that I could part with some cash for?

I've of course contacted Record and they have said that a new one will be available at the end of July, which isn't ideal as I need it up and running ASAP.

Cheers,

George

Hi all,

Longest of long shots here, but does anyone have any clue where I might find a replacement drive belt for my Record Power BDS250 belt & disc sander?

Failing that, does anyone have such a spare part gathering dust in a shed that I could part with some cash for?

I've of course contacted Record and they have said that a new one will be available at the end of July, which isn't ideal as I need it up and running ASAP.

Cheers,

George
Hi George,

Where did you end up getting your new drive belt from in the end? Mine has also disintegrated, so I contacted Record Power who offer it for £27.38 including delivery, which feels expensive to me!!

Unfortunately the link above to drivebelt solutions only has the BDS150 belt, and not the BDS250

Drivebelts direct on the web. I get mine delivered next day. About a tenner all in. And you can order by model name so you don’t need to measure, find the instructions or anything.

Virtually all belts are standard products. Machine makers will buy them in. Start with the type of belt and it’s section or tooth pattern etc and then buy according to length. Write the belt reference number inside the belt cover for future reference. Never buy as a manufacturers spare part as the price will be extortionate.

Hi WelshDave
Cant find that firm would you provide their email address and their part number please as I am sure it will be appreciated by several members
cheers

I don't understand the problem here. Will the people at Record Power or one of their distributors simply not tell you what size belt you need?
If not, as mentioned above simply measure with a piece of string and order the size you need. I don't expect that a small belt will cost much more than a few quid. As long as you don't buy one in RP packaging that is.

Latest posts

Back