Record Power BS250 Dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a RP BS250 turning up sometime next week and thought I'd make a stand for it in the meantime. I'd be very grateful if any BS250 owners could let me know the distance from the bottom of the machine to the top of the table, so I can get an idea how tall to make the stand.
thanks
Jon

Thanks Mike, much appreciated. Registered an account, downloaded the manual etc.

Bit embarrassing that I needed that pointing out to me. Ive bought plenty of power tools over the years and visited the manufacturers websites to check on things. Not sure what I was thinking (or not in this case).

anyways, thanks for the help.

Enjoy! I'm loving mine.

I did get a few new blades from tuffsaws which fit fine. I recall one customer review somewhere said that the quoted length was incorrect, but it isn't.

Have a look at my thread made a few weeks ago if you like, one point of note, there are two black plastic shrouds under the table that cover the bearings. You can only remove one of these with the table off which means no access to that bearing. You can either a) remove it or b) drill a hole in it like I did.

DBT85":1dk8iu4q said:
Enjoy! I'm loving mine.

I did get a few new blades from tuffsaws which fit fine. I recall one customer review somewhere said that the quoted length was incorrect, but it isn't.

Have a look at my thread made a few weeks ago if you like, one point of note, there are two black plastic shrouds under the table that cover the bearings. You can only remove one of these with the table off which means no access to that bearing. You can either a) remove it or b) drill a hole in it like I did.

thanks

I've got the 14" version at work so I'm reasonably familiar with them, but I enjoyed reading your thread when you posted it. Regarding the plastic guards, I removed them. I know they are a safety feature but I won't be putting my hands under the table anytime soon and, as you said, they make adjusting the guides a right pain.

The only issue I've had was with the tracking bolt. On delivery, it was stupidly difficult to turn and then would just let go (I loosened the locking nut beforehand :D ). Removed it and discovered the threads were knackered, popped in a new m6 bolt and everything seems fine.
I'm currently using an axminster blade as I there recently but I'll buy some ones from tuff saws , we've used them at work for ages and have always been great.

Ahh excellent.

I have to say that since putting a half decent extractor on (a 1997 DX4000!) its also collecting well, though I do wonder about modifying the case to get some suction right next to the blade under the table as you see on bigger models. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

The only thing I've not yet finished tweaking yet is the guide post not quite moving parallel to the blade, so at the top or bottom of its travel there is a little lateral movement. There is no way of fixing the guide post, but one suggestion was to loosen the bolts that hold the top wheel and see if I can move it left or right to solve the issue. Just haven't had a chance yet as I was busy using it!

DBT85":2s86z50d said:
The only thing I've not yet finished tweaking yet is the guide post not quite moving parallel to the blade, so at the top or bottom of its travel there is a little lateral movement. There is no way of fixing the guide post, but one suggestion was to loosen the bolts that hold the top wheel and see if I can move it left or right to solve the issue. Just haven't had a chance yet as I was busy using it!

Mine suffers something similar, the guides are clear but when you lower the post the guides begin to catch. Most of the time, I'm using the saw for ripping 3/4" - 2" thick pieces that I feel are too short to table saw safely. So I usually just set the guides and leave the post at that height. I'm pretty sure the 14" at work has never suffered from this but theres a pretty big price difference between the two.

I'm happy with the 250, its a nice size for my home workshop (tiny) as I need to move it for longer pieces. I could bring the 14" home but it would dominate the space to a ridiculous degree.

For extraction, at the moment I've bodged together a way to connect my shop vac. It works ok until I get a DX1000 or something similar.

Back