Record Power BDS150 - Anyone hooked up dust extraction?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has hooked up some extraction to the BDS150. I have some appropriately sized hose and clips to do the job, but thanks to the generous 1cm port length, getting the hose to stay on is proving difficult.

You'd almost think they've done it on purpose to force you to buy the £10 100mm adapter..

48385447956_9ecef38208_c.jpg

Mine came with the 100mm adapter supplied. Is yours new or S/H?

If its new i’d be giving the retailer a ring

fezman":370l2ah2 said:
Mine came with the 100mm adapter supplied. Is yours new or S/H?

If its new i’d be giving the retailer a ing
It's new, but the adapter isn't listed in the book or on the record site as being included.

Not not only don't I want to spend the tenner, I don't want 100mm either so even if I did buy it, I don't actually want it.

I could buy some bits to do what I want, just wondered what anyone else had done.

soak the hose in hot water to make it soft and expand slightly before trying to connect it. Then screw it on (the wire will act as a thread and expand the plastic). Then tighten that clamp just enough.
Too tight on the clamp will distort the spiral wire and it will come off.

sunnybob":2ipfl01a said:
soak the hose in hot water to make it soft and expand slightly before trying to connect it. Then screw it on (the wire will act as a thread and expand the plastic). Then tighten that clamp just enough.
Too tight on the clamp will distort the spiral wire and it will come off.

The hose I have fits perfectly over the pitiful outlet already, no need to do anything to it other than clamp it down. That's what is proving difficult as there's barely enough room to get a clamp on, any movement when doing it up and it will pop off.

In that case I would smear white silicone all around the spigot, push the hose on and put a small self tapper though both to hold them in place while the silicone sets. Then tighten the clamp as a belt and braces measure.
I also moan about the same things, but as I am so remote I cant easily order any perts, so i use a lot of silicone and self tappers 8) 8)

Haha OK Cyprus Bob, I'll have a look.

Another option is a 63mm bit of pool pipe as that would fit fine and I could just get an elbow to aim it backwards where I need it. That would only be 4 quid.

In the meantime I've managed to use the blue peter method. A little double sided tape on the outlet was useful in keeping the hose in place while the clamp went on.

Honestly. Why make such a crappy short outlet lol.

Back