Record Power and CL4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

You might have seen that I had been having problems with my new CL4 variable.
I always seem to be the first to complain (so my wife says) but I am also the first to say when a job has been done well.
I bought my lathe from John Johnson in Silverstone and I had what turned out to be a unusual manufacturing problem with the spindle and bearing not fitting correctly.
I felt that I didn't even want to use the lathe because of this and again, according to my wife, I became a right misery because Record couldn't sort it out straight away.
Early this morning, John Johnson arrived at my house to collect the lathe and me and we went to Record Power at Staveley. From the engineer to the girl who made me coffee, they could not have been better. Nothing was too much trouble. They replaced the bearings, bushes, spindle etc and checked it all before I left. I didn't even have to lift it out of the car. Everything that was done was explained to me as I watched and I had guidance in filling with oil and adjusting the bearings. If the lathe turns out to be as good as the staff were this morning, I'm sure that I will be more than happy. I must give a great big thank you to John Johnson too as not many sales people would have gone to the trouble that he did. John teaches as well as turns professionally and sells Record and other products. He is on 01327-857032
Regards
Paul

Paul,

That's great news. :D I don't think some dealers, suppliers and manufacturers realise just how you can lose faith in a machine when something goes wrong, and it's nice to see Record seeking to restore your faith in the lathe like that. Excellent. =D>

Cheers, Alf

I can second records customer support - I bought a DML 36 from a supplier in irelnad, and after 3 hours the motor packed up - one phone call to Record later (after they had come backfrom there 10 day easter holiday mind!) they agreed to send another motor out, which never arrived, so another call to them and they found the paperwork and sent it on.

The reason I applaud them is that in both caes the actual person I needed was not available, and they actually called back within the hour - something I am definatly not used to, most customer support based in the UK will never phone ireland, even though they are supposed to cover this part of the world. (In fact in most cases the computer system falls apart because I have neither a postcode nor a UK dialing code!)

Now of course I have also got 2 leg stands for the lathe neither of which came with the cast iron brackets to make them fit onto the machine! so another call to record this pm I feel!

Hello all,

Very admirable of Record in both cases, but we don't buy machinery anticipating that it will break down.

There seems to be a lot of problems mentioned that should never have been there in the first place.

Regards....Mike

Back