Record Power air filters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike it might be because you have a better than most dust collection installation that is getting most of the dust before it gets loose in the shop...............or you never turn it on. 😉

Pete

Thanks, Pete. I never have a problem with the machines connected to the large DC system. It was the DeWalt miter saw that gave the AC400 a workout. Now that I replaced the DeWalt with the Kapex 120 that is connected to a CT36 vacuum, the AC400 has an easy time.

Righto, I'll put this one down as a must buy.
It will be shelf mounted. I'll build an especially deep shelf which will allow it to lay flat and have the intake and outtake vents unobstructed.

Im opting for this one as my main extractor. I might set up an extraction tube system, though having it tucked in a corner with flexi tubes might also work well.

My only niggle with this is how it will sit in a corner. What i mean there is as its a corner, you must have the intakes facing out, but in a corner that puts the no/off switch at the back of the machine against the wall, in a not easy to get to spot, so I'd look at rotating the entire motor on its mountings so the switch faces out with the intakes on the right hand side.
107698_xl.jpg

Last edited:
@TRITON: In my case, although shared with such "non-essentials" as the central heating boiler, oil tank, washing machine and various bits of gardening "gear", my cellar/shop is a bit larger (in area/volume) than many. My Record 400 is so good though that I'm seriously thinking of buying a second unit. Even though for most machines I also have DE at the individual machine, I still see the Record filter getting quite brown with dust and/or paint spray residue. Though I won't mount it right beside existing unit, it will probably be nearby, and I shall probably "gang" them so that both Records work off one plug/socket (the present socket is also mounted on the ceiling, especially for the purpose).

In other words, I'm pleased with my Record, it is reliable, and it does what it says on the tin!

But what to do with the unit you've pictured above though, I dunno, sorry

Back