Record Power AC400 Vs Axminster AC15AFS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neocleous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m looking at the two air filters in the title, I’ve seen a few threads on here talking about the AC400 and people seem pretty happy with it but I can’t find much on the Axminster model.

Are there any opinions on one verses the other? On paper the Axminster seems to be a little quieter, other than that they seem quite similar.

Thanks

Hi
I've got the Record Ac400 and haven't had any problems (touch wood). The record, Wen and Rutlands version all seem to have come from the same factory.
Just wish I could find the outer filters a bit cheaper, I do vac out to make them last longer(I know cheap skate).
Hope this helps

I went for the record power in the end, seems to do the job although I have to say the remote is rubbish I find my self walking up to it and trying every angle to get it to respond, not sure why. The unit it’s self though does the job.

the axminster is the same machine, just a different colour

I went for the record power in the end, seems to do the job although I have to say the remote is rubbish I find my self walking up to it and trying every angle to get it to respond, not sure why. The unit it’s self though does the job.
I've just had the same issue with remotes, and ended up sending the machine back because they were so unreliable. Record hold remotes as spares, so evidently know this is an issue.
The Axminster machine (currently out of stock!) seems to use a radio frequency remote rather than IR, so perhaps that would be better.

I have the Record (same machine as the Axminster - so the bloke at Yandles told me?) - yes the remote is a bit flakey and slightly illogical - it switches on at one speed and then immediately changes to a slower one ... and the direction/angle is pretty narrow. BUT my machine is fixed in a cradle on the ceiling, I'm tall and can reach the button to switch it on/set the speed and timer (the remote is stored in a plywood "pocket" on the side of the cradle along with the remote for my dust extraction.

I'd certainly recommend the Record machine - dust (at least the visible stuff) in the atmosphere is almost non-existent

I have the Record (same machine as the Axminster - so the bloke at Yandles told me?) - yes the remote is a bit flakey and slightly illogical - it switches on at one speed and then immediately changes to a slower one ... and the direction/angle is pretty narrow. BUT my machine is fixed in a cradle on the ceiling, I'm tall and can reach the button to switch it on/set the speed and timer (the remote is stored in a plywood "pocket" on the side of the cradle along with the remote for my dust extraction.

I'd certainly recommend the Record machine - dust (at least the visible stuff) in the atmosphere is almost non-existent
You can't always believe what salesmen tell you! I doubt there's much difference in real world performance, but they're not the same machines.
The Axminster weighs more (+5kg) its filters mount differently, and it has RF rather than IR remote control.
I can't easily reach the ceiling mounting where I was expecting to hang mine, so would have been reliant on the remote, and that made it a non-starter for me.

I went for the Axminster one in the end, would recommend as have had no issues with mine

Back