Record no43 rebate plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought one on ebay with 2 blades . Last week was a stanley 90 ! Do i have the plane bug ? Ohhhhhh ive wanted the 90 bullnose / chisel plane since collage :lol:
So awaiting delivery of the record 43 , i know what a rebate plane is but as for model numbers im at a loss . Is the 43 any good ?

JFC,
Well I would not call a #43 a rebate plane. It's a mini groover, it should have a side fence on two rods and a depth stop aswell. They came with 3 blades which you can still buy, I have one with fractional inch blades :D 8) , you can even buy metric one if you hunt around :roll: .

Bugbear has detials on his site IIRC and making shorter rods improves an already very good tool.

Now stand up and say after me:

I don't have a tool problem, I can stop buy and using them any time I like..........

Yeah it has the fence and depth gauge and 1/4'' and 3/16'' blades . However i don't think im ready to say after you that thing about tools :oops:

By way of a minor drive-by (or is it an in-your face?). I picked one of these up for £10 in Covent Garden last Monday morning. It is in very good condition and complete - except that it only came with one blade - no mind my Record boat anchor has blades that fit.

This was all to explain the the second hand tool dealer still puts in an appearance in Covent Garden (Jubilee Market) on Monday mornings.

waterhead37":24z51vh8 said:
This was all to explain the the second hand tool dealer still puts in an appearance in Covent Garden (Jubilee Market) on Monday mornings.
I know, I know; I haven't updated the info on my site yet. I will, honest. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

:oops: i can add to the collection a #78 rebate or rabbet american stanley with a sweetheart blade (whatever that is ) and #130 2 ended plane . Ebay is great when football is on the tv :lol:

Back