RECORD / LUREM 'ROLL CLEAN'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggame

Reaction score
I'M LOOKING AT A RECORD/LUREM 'ROLL CLEAN' COMBINATION SAW TABLE/ PLANER, THICKNESSER, ROUTER ETC (THE LIGHT BLUE AND CREAM ONE. I KNOW THAT SEVERAL OF THE RECORD / LUREM COMBINATION M/CS HAVE BEEN SAVAGED ON VARIOUS FORUMS. ANY ADVICE FROM MEMBERS ABOUT THIS MACHINE? IT DOES LOOK BLOODY LOVELY!

CHEERS

PHIL

I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY.

Easy on the caps lock there, Phil. We'll go deaf! :D

Sounds like the Lurem Optimake, yup? With the extractor in the base? I recall looking at that back in the day before I made the equally fatal error of getting the Maxi. I seem to remember the biggest argument against it was that it didn't actually have enough speed to run the router collet properly. Either way, you might find more pertinent info specific to it if you Google Lurem or Record with Optimake. Be prepared to brush up in your French.

Hi Phil. I had a record optimake many moons ago. i suppose it depends on what you want it for. Alf is right about what he says about the router part it just didnt have enough speed. When i got mine the saw didnt go all the way to
90degrees and the extraction on the saw was practically non existant but with some fettling i sorted the 90 issue but it just never sucked enough for my liking! However the planer thicknesser was spot on an left a nice finish on the timber. oh yes an you have to empty the extractor base all the time coz it soon fills up. I had mine for about 6 Months then passed it on. After that i got myself a lurem c210B now that was GOOD.Proper cast everything. Id personally steer clear and save up a bit for something a bit better quality.Like you at the time i thought it looked ok but you soon learn looks rnt everything. Saying that if its handy money and its just hoby use then I'd still steer clear.
Hope this helps.
Tomy

Latest posts

Back