Record DX5000 Dust Extractor Problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, is there anyone out there that can help with a problem I've been struggling with.
I purchased a second hand Record DX5000 dust extractor( Blue version) from a school that was having to change to a enclosed system. The problem is when switched on the collection bag gets sucked up and there is very little dust extraction from the suction end, not enough to keep a bandsaw clear. I have been in touch with Record and Yorkleen the manufacturers both have tried to resolve the problem but with no success. With their help I have fitted Inner Cloth Fine Filter Bag, Pressure Release Valve, Extraction Tube Collar and the recommended Collection Bags. I use the standard 100mm flexi extraction hose. I've run the machine using a single and then double motors with no improvement to the suction end. Is this a known problem or have I bought a duff machine?

I have the larger Yorkleen model. The bag collection was poor IMO and now retro fitted with a metal bin to collect the chips. Never had problems with poor extraction unless the filters need a clean.

Worth checking for hole(s) in the hose and/or making sure it is well sealed to the machines ?

I had to look it up to know what you were talking about. I came across this manual. Maybe it'll help. We don't have machines like it here so I have no clue.

Pete

I have one and never had any problems except one instance when the inlet tube became blocked and it sucked the bag and cage in
The bags are easily punctured and I use 3 on top of each other ( I empty and reuse the bags).
Suction is normally very powerful especially running both motors.

Rod

I've not worked with one of these but is it possible that the impeller/s are fitted upside down or that the motor is running backwards?

Sucking the bag up is the norm. The bar at the bottom stops it from riding all the way up. I've seen people suggest double bagging because the suction can burst the bags. I bought some heavy duty extraction bags from polybags and get way with just the one bag though. Not sure why there is little suctions, have you checked and cleaned the paper filters that go over the motor head?

Back