Record DX4000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I am back from Paris :lol: Had a good few days out there

And yes it has been delivered by DM TOOLS a nice GREEN AND YELLOW mean machine :tool:

I will hook it up to my table saw tomorrow, but my first impression of the machine is awesome - it has some good suction \:D/

McLuma

Hope you find that this works well. I have the RSDE1 - half the capacity of the DX4000 and one 1Kw motor rather than 2 - and it sucks dust into the back end of next week :D . (If there's the a transit clip holding the lid to the drum don't forget to leave it off - nearly missed that one in the instructions). Did you get the extra attachments to go with it?

Tested it today and its perfect, and yes that transport clip, i was going to ask about that, i have left it off, but what a wast of money!!!! such an expensive clip just for transport :evil:

Mcluma

McLuma - Bear in mind that if you keep that transit clip it'll be useful when (if) you ever move :) BTW does it have a 100mm input pipe :?:

probably required by health and safety legislation. stops the top falling on the foot of someone in the sorting office when they shake the package :lol:

I have the 100mm pipe with the extra small hose to hook on to the sander etc

So I bought the RDX4000 with the two moters, and i must say i use both moters wenn using the table saw, and it doesn't let any dust escape, sound isn't to bad, i had expected worse, it is comparable in sound to my henry, but like everybody else here - I use eardefenders, so its not a problem.

But by god this thing sucks :lol: ( I mean dust) i can sureley recommand it

McLuma

hi there guys
Do you think the dx4000 could be used in some sort a fixed dust collecttion system Mcluma? can it take chippings and the like as well as the fine stuff?
I have been looking at camvac because i would like to get something which in time could potentially be used in a fixed system. The fact that the dx is so powerfull and at the price its quite a tempting machine, I think camvacs cheapest twin motor machine is about £400 although i think it does have a larger capacity compared to the record. Did you look at camvacs, what made you go for the record?
bad_hyper

What make me go for the dx4000

Two motors (high capacity and looking at the flow rating - which is pretty good)
Size ( it is rather compact, fits easy under the side table extension of my table saw)
Price (price is good compared to other machines - price compared to suction flow rate and dimensions)
easy move around - but can also be used in fixed setup with wall bracket
micron filter wich takes out the dust to 0.5 micron
fully enclosed barrel
fits oildrums, so i can increase the capacity easy by getting an old oildrum and put the lit on top of the larger oildrum (barrel)
design - it is a really smart looking thing, which i hopefully will have a lot of use off

but most of all the size it is not as large as the scheppach or the sip or the EB but does a great job
cleaning out is more of a job as you have to empty the drum in the bin.

But i reuse all sawdust in the garden to hold the moisture (we have a hose pipe ban)

Yes i can really recommend this machine

McLuma

Yes and no,

No you cannot just put a loose bag in it, that will be sucked up against the filter bag, so that doesn't work

Yes it will work if you put the back in the barrel with another metal basket within to ensure the plastic back will not be sucked up against the filte bag

But in doing so you actuall create the record dx 5000

McLuma

Latest posts

Back