Record BS400 ball bearing guides?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benpointer

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone recommend a ball bearing guide kit for the BS400? Axminster do 3 different guide kits but when I asked them if they fitted the BS400 they said 'no'.

I don't mind doing some minor mods to make something that's adaptable to the BS400. The original disc guides are doing my head in... they either pinch the blade and slow it down / heat it up, or let it wander all over the place.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Look at the guides for the later Sabre bandsaws, when I get round to it I will only be changing the top set as they do all the work. Also Record sell the sabre fence as an upgrade for the BS range. There has been a lengthy topic on guide mods on here recently, so do a search, it was started by @MikeK.

ok thanks I will take a look - apols for not finding that earlier.

Edit: Actually I did see that one but as it's regarding a BS350 I am not sure how useful it will be. I'll have a long read of it anyway. Thanks

ok thanks I will take a look - apols for not finding that earlier.

Edit: Actually I did see that one but as it's regarding a BS350 I am not sure how useful it will be. I'll have a long read of it anyway. Thanks

Did you end up going ahead with your BS400 upgrade? I'd like to upgrade my own.

Did you end up going ahead with your BS400 upgrade? I'd like to upgrade my own.
Hi there, yes I did. I bought an upper roller guide from:
A.L.T Saws and Spares Ltd
Unit 25, Pier Road Industrial Estate
Gillingham
Kent, ME7 1RZ
Tel/Fax: 01634 850833
www.altsawsandspares.co.uk

It was £92.94 including VAT and delivery, so a bit pricy but it was a very quick and easy fit and works a treat! Very happy with it - that saw now cuts much more accurately.

IMG_7184.jpeg
IMG_7185.jpeg

Back