Record Bench Vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur e king

Reaction score
Help! Recently finished a workbench with the intention of equipping it with a Model 53 Record vice. This vice appears to be unobtainable in the U.S. at this time. Is this correct, and is it perhaps available yet in England, or is it gone forever?
Any help will be appreciated.
Art

Welcome Art.

Sorry I have know personal news of the record 53 vice, my own model is a 52 E but I am sure other members will come forward with news.

Hi Art,

I have a really old 52 1/2 which is a quick release vice with 9 inch wide jaws and an opening capacity of 11 inch. I know that they still make this one with a small adjustable dog on the front jaw.
Don't know anything about a 53 though, sorry.

cheers,
jonny.

Thank you all for your welcome and replies. This vice was recommended by Ian Kirby and it looks like a good one to me. Also Dieter Schmid lists a vice they say is comparable to the Record. Anyone own one? I'm actually open to anything thats equal (or close) to the Record. I'll also check out the Anant model.
Thanks again,
Art

Hi Art,

Welcome to the forum. :D

I have a 52 1/2E and a 53E, both are Record. I have just fitted them to my new bench, very nice vices. They are not new and if you do a search you find the story of how I bought one and at the same time found one in the local rubbish tip. :shock: Very nice to use, if I had the choice I would go for the one with the dog, even if you replace the metal dog with a hard wood one.

In the UK they do come up second hand on a regular basis, just need to wait. :roll:

Just in case anybody is interested, the Auction at Ledbury on Saturday has a 52 1/2E listed (Lot no. 354).

Sorry, Art, not much use to you in Grass Valley, but welcome to the Forum.

Cheers,

Trev.

If anyone else has an interest in this line of vices you can get the information you need by going to:
Anant Tools, then click on vices, and then the desired model.
Filling in the "Any Query" yields a prompt response including a supplier contact.
Thank you Waterhead for pointing me in the right direction.
Regards,
Art

Latest posts

Back