Record bandsaw question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Hannaby

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a BS400 bandsaw and after it was all assembled, I found the ruler scale on the table started at 4mm instead of zero. I put the fence up against the blade just to check where it lined up and it did line up at the end of the scale - so at 4mm!
I took the scale back to the showroom and checked it against the one on display and it was exactly the same. The Record rep promised to take to back and exchange it for me so hopefully I will get one with the right scale on it.

I just wondered if anyone else had found the same thing and whether I was missing something fundamental here?

I know it's possible to move the ruler scale on the carrier by taking out the screw and elongating the hole but that would still leave a 4mm gap at the end of the scale! Perhaps not a big issue but an irritating one none the less. I'm hoping I will end up with a ruler scale that starts at zero!

Well I got the replacement scale today and guess what, it starts at 4mm instead of zero! The message passed on from Record was "They are all like that" :?

My solution - I found someone else that can supply an adhesive scale that does start at zero!

I'm still none the wiser as to why Record have "designed" the scale to start at 4mm!

Hi

I still havent decided on the BS350 or 400.

Have you ripped with the 400 yet? I really want to rip down 6 inch boards (probably max size) - just not sure if the BS350 will be up for it or whether i should splash out on the 400

Back