Record 45 Multiplanes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Have recently come in to possesion of one of these beasts Complete boxed with a bonus router plane. Does anyone know how to set it up...................Hints and Tips welcome

Bean

You're in the right forum, you just need ALF to login and answer all your questions....

Adam

And speak of the devil...

Welcome to the forum, Bean. You've got hold of one of my favourite planes there; nice one. Sounds like you've not got a manual for it? Not to worry, there's one online; point your browser to my Combination Plane Shrine for a link. I don't know how much you already know, so forgive me if I educate grandmothers on egg sucking. The #405 was Record's version of the Stanley #45, so anything pertaining to that will apply too. Don't try telling any 'Murricans this, but the Record one is slightly superior :wink: Read the article on the Uses of the Stanley #55 as well. Although it's a more complicated plane, the basic hints for using it apply just as well. It's also worth looking out for a copy of "Planecraft" which was produced by Record Tools to promote their planes; lots of thinly disguised ad copy but lots and lots of excellent information and well worth having for all plane-related info. Woodcraft reprinted it in the States, but you have to track down secondhand copies in this country. Bookfinder is the most comprehensive port of call for that.

That should give you a start. There's plenty more I could give tips about, but it probably works out easiest if you just ask again as queries crop up. Feel free, I can talk about combination planes for hours...

OKAY YOU LOT! You can wake up now! :p

Cheers, Alf

Not obsessive in any way. No sirree... :oops:

A kindred spirit Alf :D I just love using Hand Tools, Electric tools are Ok for the roughing out but the only way to finish and feel at one with a project is to use the old favorites. :wink:

Back