Record 148 dowel jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnowill

Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of instructions for a Record (Record/Marples) 148 doweling jig that I might get a copy of please?

I have that jig and the original manual. I can scan it over the weekend and email it to you. Send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers, Charles

Charles, much appreciated. Can't pm yet as I'm brand new here!! I think I need another couple of posts before I can pm. I wonder if this counts as one?!

Here you go, managed to nab the full original images from an old ebay listing using a crafty URL dodge:

Am2NaP8.jpg

They've been sharpened and brightened up a bit so they're a little easier to read but full credit to the original seller.

KEDpeNx.jpg

And have this clear image of the parts diagram as well in case it's of help:

Po84W3M.jpg

Because I found the 3 pages that comprise what seems to be the only available instructions for the 148 Dowell Jig so poor, I decided to create a new version that can actually be read without having to guess what every other word is. I have re-typed the whole document and reset each page and saved it as a PDF. I hope it will be useful to someone. Is it possible for me to upload it here?

Yes. Just follow the instructions to add a picture. The "attachment" can be a pdf.

However, Ed's original images are perfectly clear for me. You may need to open in a new tab to zoom, or "view image", depending on what device and browser combination you are using.

Hi, just read a previous post about Marples/Record 148 Doweling Jig which I have just acquired. Someone posted a revised Instruction manual but the pdf link is not working. I need a fresh copy of that link.
Also would like to purchase the 36” extension rods if anyone has a set or know where one is.
Thanks
Nolan

Ed's original images are perfectly clear for me. You may need to open in a new tab to zoom, or "view image", depending on what device and browser combination you are using.

And btw, the pdf is still there, and downloads just fine.

Latest posts

Back