Record 148 dowel jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnowill

Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of instructions for a Record (Record/Marples) 148 doweling jig that I might get a copy of please?

I have that jig and the original manual. I can scan it over the weekend and email it to you. Send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers, Charles

Charles, much appreciated. Can't pm yet as I'm brand new here!! I think I need another couple of posts before I can pm. I wonder if this counts as one?!

Here you go, managed to nab the full original images from an old ebay listing using a crafty URL dodge:

Am2NaP8.jpg

They've been sharpened and brightened up a bit so they're a little easier to read but full credit to the original seller.

KEDpeNx.jpg

And have this clear image of the parts diagram as well in case it's of help:

Po84W3M.jpg

Because I found the 3 pages that comprise what seems to be the only available instructions for the 148 Dowell Jig so poor, I decided to create a new version that can actually be read without having to guess what every other word is. I have re-typed the whole document and reset each page and saved it as a PDF. I hope it will be useful to someone. Is it possible for me to upload it here?

Yes. Just follow the instructions to add a picture. The "attachment" can be a pdf.

However, Ed's original images are perfectly clear for me. You may need to open in a new tab to zoom, or "view image", depending on what device and browser combination you are using.

Hi, just read a previous post about Marples/Record 148 Doweling Jig which I have just acquired. Someone posted a revised Instruction manual but the pdf link is not working. I need a fresh copy of that link.
Also would like to purchase the 36” extension rods if anyone has a set or know where one is.
Thanks
Nolan

Ed's original images are perfectly clear for me. You may need to open in a new tab to zoom, or "view image", depending on what device and browser combination you are using.

And btw, the pdf is still there, and downloads just fine.

Back