Record 071 router plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they fit a Stanley and a Millers Falls, so I would hazard a pretty confident guess of "yes". You might need to flip the depth adjustment nut over though, but that's not hard.

Alf":1yjnjgym said:
Well they fit a Stanley and a Millers Falls, so I would hazard a pretty confident guess of "yes". You might need to flip the depth adjustment nut over though, but that's not hard.

Just for confirmation, here's a thread from woodnet:

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthread ... t=all&vc=1

I admit I'm assuming the Record and Stanley routers use the same dimensions.

BugBear

One of the benefits of real people in the non-virtual world. Appart from being so close to Axminster potentially draining wallets etc..

Have fun.(Perhaps I should add 'Don't get carried away', I know I would) xy

Whilst we're on the subject, I am missing the adjusting nut on my Stanley no. 71.
Does anyone know where I might get one other than crawling around that electronic saleroom?

Ric

Did the Veritas blades fit the Record 71, finally? I'm about to take the plunge and order blades and the little sharpening jig.

Thanks,
Barrie

Barrie

I have to admit I have not bought any yet, even though I live about 5 - 10 minutes from Axminster in High Wycombe and have been in there a few times I keep forgetting to sort this out.

Hope to get this done soon.

Mick

Mike

Thanks for the response. I have just won a little Record 71 on eBay for £21 and I am looking forward to it arriving. It will take a while to try it all out, including the blade sharpening, so no hurry. How lucky to live next door to Axminster; mind you...

Best
Barrie

barriehope":2cp3nsxk said:
Mike

Thanks for the response. I have just won a little Record 71 on eBay for £21 and I am looking forward to it arriving. It will take a while to try it all out, including the blade sharpening, so no hurry. How lucky to live next door to Axminster; mind you...

Best
Barrie

Not lucky at all, it cost me a fortune! :oops:

Mick

All this is good news as I have a Stanley router plane with only the 1/4" blade and have been wanting the other two as well.
:) :)

Back