Record 071 fence screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend_woodworker

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a second hand Record 071 router plane. I don’t think the bolts for the fence are original and don’t fit particularly well. Does anyone know the thread size and length of bolts used? Equally if anyone knows a good place to get some that would be great.

I did see a closed EBay listing for one bolt at £8.99 plus P&P but that seemed ridiculous.

Thanks

Mark

Yes 3/16'' Just checked mine execpt its a Stanley. At the time I lost the screw I rummaged my odd screws tin for something to fit so this current one is brass and I had to cut a bit off the end. Don't think I would be happy with a 9 quid one as I would feel screwed.
Regards
John

Yes 3/16'' Just checked mine execpt its a Stanley. At the time I lost the screw I rummaged my odd screws tin for something to fit so this current one is brass and I had to cut a bit off the end. Don't think I would be happy with a 9 quid one as I would feel screwed.
Regards
John
I managed to order a bag of 10 3/16” bolts from EBay. I think they might need shortening a bit, but they were a much more reasonable price. If anyone else needs some spares I will have more than I need so let me know.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
Mark

I managed to order a bag of 10 3/16” bolts from EBay. I think they might need shortening a bit, but they were a much more reasonable price. If anyone else needs some spares I will have more than I need so let me know.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
Mark
The bolts arrived today and fit perfectly. I probably ought to shorten them a bit. If anyone else is short of some let me know as I have more than I need.

Back