Record 043 Replacement Parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fromey":oae7t327 said:
I've just joined the 043 club as well, but only one (so far). Does anyone know if they made profiled blades for it? I suspect not.

They were primarily plough planes and without an option for shaped irons, but there's no reason for not using them for smaller detailing work. :)

They did indeed make a dedicated set of fine profile irons...

But they didn't last furlong!!! :oops:

Oh...Spring coat guys...spring coat...he sheds the duffle-coat and runs! :mrgreen:

Jim

jimi43":1nk10o3r said:
They did indeed make a dedicated set of fine profile irons...

But they didn't last furlong!!! :oops:

Oh...Spring coat guys...spring coat...he sheds the duffle-coat and runs! :mrgreen:

Jim

I bet it's camouflage Jim, but not as we know it. :lol:

Which profiles - other than square edged - did Record produce for their 043? I was only aware of their three standard irons and four metric straight irons, but have plenty of spare straight irons I could modify to produce a fuller set. :)

Pete- ingenious bit of work on the blade clamp- I'm full of admiration! I'm a volunteer with Tools for Self Reliance (we refurbish tools to send to African artisans)We we have a load of the 043s with missing blade clamps and have been put off making new ones because the originals look dead complicated, with angles and reliefs everywhere. Your solution is brilliant! And if you ever feel like making a few more.......
Den

Back