Recommendations for external camera to plug into lap top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek84

Reaction score
Good Morning Folks

The camera on my laptop doesn't work anymore.

Can someone kindly recommend a reasonably priced external camera which I can buy and plug into the usb port of my laptop, for purposes of (say) zoom meetings?

Thank You

I bought one of these recently. I've no previous experience of webcams so all I can say about this one is that it works. You'll need a microphone input socket as well as the USB.
Brian

Without a doubt the best external cam used by myself and many colleagues, as we seem to spend everyday on Zoom is the Logitech C920, it's not the cheapest (£80-90) but is far superior to any integrated cam, has built in mic etc but is hard to find I got mine from Argos in the end (fortunately I could claim back).

HTH Padster

Logitech C920 gets very good reviews, tried to get one a few weeks back for online music teaching (my son) but found all suppliers out of stock. Check delivery date carefully, some appear to have stock until you get to the checkout page and it says 12th of never. There is an android app, droidcam, free to try out but you really need the paid for version about £5 to get auto focus, let's you use your phone camera and is OK and might help until you get the right thing for your needs.

+1 for the Logitech C270 which are regularly available on Ebay and are about half the price of the C920.

Back