Recommendations for a supplier please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this should be under buying advice / off topic but I thought this Forum was the most appropriate.
My daughter and son-in-law have just bought a new house in a village north of Shrewsbury. The house is just over 2 years old and is what I would describe (probably wrongly) as a dormer house. In essence it is a 2 storey house but the upstairs (3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms) is built in to the roof space so as the internal ceilings are as you would imagine a dormer bedroom would be i.e. sloping / slanted etc. Whilst a lovely house, the architecture means that there is very little scope for full size wardrobes or even stand-alone wardrobes and hence they have a real need for some built in storage, especially with 2 young children.
So, despite my protestations they called in Sharps! I won’t bore you with the story which you will know and understand well, but essentially my son-in-law threw him out for his attitude and pressure selling in their home on a Sunday afternoon.
So I’m after a recommendation for someone in the Shropshire area who does built in wardrobes please?
It can be a recommendation or even an expression of interest from a forum member who does built in furniture.
My understanding is that it is pretty straightforward, so no huge sliding doors / frames etc and if anyone does want to visit and give an estimate, then that’s between them and my daughter and so no feedback on this forum - unless of course it’s really good!
Before anyone asks, they live 60 miles from me, my son-in-law is absolutely hopeless at DIY and my daughter reminds him of all the things I’ve done at my house and he hasn’t at theirs - so no I don’t want to do it myself.
Thanks for reading.
PS I believe Sharps have left a sketch / diagram of what they propose so a starter for ten.

I don't know if he works as far as Shrewsbury but you could try Karl a member of this forum, I believe he is based in Nantwich, so not too far away. Always been impressed with the pictures of his work published on here, I've also bought a couple of bits from him via the for sale board and he has always been straight forward to deal with.
HTH
Richard

Back