Recommendation for infilling holes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I have this nice bit of Zebrano and would like to fill in the voids. I was wondering about clear epoxy but wasn't sure how well it would take a finish....exact finish still undecided. I'm after a high gloss finish.

Any suggestions?

6801511147_e8ebd137b9_b.jpg

Hi, Roger

The Wilcos epoxy is about half the price of Araldite and it sets ROCK hard.
I bought two packs and only used one, it goes a lot further than you think.

Get your scrapers sharpened!

Pete

I use filter coffee grounds on turnings, usually with thin CA but occasionally with 30 min Zpoxy for the larger voids.

The wood turners do this a lot.........I believe. It is common practise for some using metal dust, possibly artists oil colours.

I use brass powder I get from my local key cutters, after cleaning it with a magnet I put in the hole/void and then fill with CA and then go through the grits. Aluminium powder looks good aswell.
Mark

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is the Wilko stuff simply packaged as epoxy resin? I've never seen it in-store, but would be curious to give it a try.

Cheers

Hi, disco_monkey79

Its in the glue section, usually next to the Araldite, it looks the same, just different colours in the pack and tubes.

Pete

Back