Reciprocating Saw Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo-Star

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice here, I'm looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I've been looking at the Bosch 18V-LI £314 @ powertool world. Is there anyone that could give me some feed back on this saw, or other alternatives that may be better or cheaper. I have a 30ft boat to strike "Dunkirk little ship" and there is a lot off good mahogany and teak that I can salvage from it. I've no power where the boat lies, so require this type of saw to get down between the planks and ribs to cut the copper rivets.

Any help would be appreciated

thank you

I have the other bosch 18v one and have to say it's been a cracking bit of kit. It's had some right hammer by me, removing joists, old cast iron pipes etc on an almost daily basis for the last couple of years and it's been great. I use it a lot more than I did my corded one just because it's convenient.
However after about a years heavy use the motor burnt out so I sent it off to bosch free of charge and they replaced it under warranty. It's been fine ever since. I believe the one you're looking at has a bit more power so should cut through just about anything! I've even taken small trees down with mine 🤣

Just get a mains powered one at less than half the price and buy a cheap generator.
Then you can use the generator for all kinds of stuff.
It will be considerably more powerful.
I have a makita18v that came in a kit ages ago, it is fine but I tried a mains one my dad bought, also a makita. It is twice the speed and power.

Ollie

Last edited:
I have the Bosch. Its a cracking bit of kit, its only downside, which seems to apply to all cordless saws, is that it gets through batteries quickly. If you're going to be working away from a charger, make sure you have fully charged beefy batteries with you!

Seems a lot of money for a reciprocating saw imho. They are useful for a limited range of jobs , but unless you’re going to use it every day id just buy a screw fix special for testing timber out the boat.

Just get a mains powered one at less than half the price and buy a cheap generator.
Then you can use the generator for all kinds of stuff.
It will be considerably more powerful.
I have a makita18v that came in a kit ages ago, it is fine but I tried a mains one my dad bought, also a makita. It is twice the speed and power.

Ollie
You did not bother reading his post then?😉

Back