Recip saw recommendation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a tough building-site one, then Makita. They put up with all sorts of abuse. If it's only for an occasional one-off, I've no idea.

I can recommend the Macalister one, it's one of their better tools. Mine has put up with some absolute abuse over the last few years.

thankyou all for your responces, I ended up buying an einhell one, 18v to go with a battery I already had, have to say I'm not impressed, shakes so much it seems uncomfortable to use and seems very thirsty in terms of battery use. Its not a tool that I've used before so I'm not sure how the einhell one compares to other machines,

if it vibrates that much ...take it back.....
ok to have a TIZZ........
battery life is all about the qual of the machine and batt........
better stuff like Makita, Milwaukee cost about 4 times the price and hence better at batt life.....well better overall......
I reg use a Milwaukee 3/8 drive socket gun, the batt charge seem to last forever.....
as my batt tools die Hitachi, Makita they will get replaced for the Yanky stuff......

Make sure when you're cutting with it you push it hard against whatever you're cutting and that will stop a lot of vibration

Make sure when you're cutting with it you push it hard against whatever you're cutting and that will stop a lot of vibration

I'll try that, also I was just using the blade that the machine came with so maybe it isn't the best

I'll try that, also I was just using the blade that the machine came with so maybe it isn't the best

Yes it's probably not the best blade, for cutting timber I buy cheap Saxon blades off Amazon, for metal I use carbide blades normally milwaukee torch blades, they're more expensive but last 10x as long as the cheap metal cutting blades.

Screwfix do a pack of demolition blades from dewalt that are pretty good. I've got a titan saw at home that has taken some incredible abuse and refuses to die. At work we've got a big bosch one thats infinitely nicer to use, but you get what you pay for!

Latest posts

Back