Recent project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRUSTINGGIBBSIE

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I would show a recent project of mine. The pattern is one of Fine Scrollsaw's. I have seen other Eiffel Tower patterns, but none come near Pedro's for realism. I think the only real challenge was the long 45 degree bevels on the legs. All the rest was simply cutting a LOT of holes . lolol.

I have cut a lot of Pedro's patterns now, and I am always amazed at just how accurate they are. If something doesn't fit after you have cut, you know it's your fault and not the pattern.

Noel

Attachments

• Eiffel tower 3 copy.jpg
    Eiffel tower 3 copy.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 664
Hi Neil

Thats a whole lota holes ... fantastic work

I'd never have the patience to achieve something as good as that.

Just out of interest ... wot machine, what blades and also what wood were used ?

I HAVE A Trupro saw. But that's here - in the UK I think they are sold as an Axminster?? (attached a pic). I have used a few saws over the years, but it's by far the best, in all respects. The timber is silkwood (I think a type of maple, but don't quote me on that). Because the timber is only 4mm thick I used the Olson blades..#2/0. I've yet to find a better blade for this type of work.(mainly because they are less aggressive and give time for my old brain to work. lol! But they also turn a lot better). Although the FD ultra reverse come close. As I said before, the only real challenge was the 45 degree bevels on the legs and top of the tower.
Thank you for looking.

Noel

Attachments

• Trupro Scrollsaw 4.jpg
    Trupro Scrollsaw 4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 610

Latest posts

Back