Recent Bandsaw Tyre replacement info

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Pallet

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Reccomendations -
Tuff Saws
https://bandsawparts.co.uk/

Hiya,

Just passing on some info on my recent bandsaw improvements, which might help out someone.

So I heard a loud banging noise in the bandsaw, opened it up to find the tyre snapped and off. This must-have cracked due to it being in a cold workshop?
Anyways after searching around I bought a pair of tyres from a UK based company that imports them from America - Bandsaw Parts - UK supplier of Quality Urethane Band Saw Tyres
At first, I thought they were on the small size, but after reading instructions about using hot water and stretching them, they fitted perfectly. Took around 10mins per tyre using clamps and leaver tool or fat round screwdriver to roll the tyre over. A few you tube vids on this .
While I Was there I upgraded the blade from Tuff Saws
A good blow out and clean , few adjustments of blade rubbers, squirt of WD40 . Good as new.
Hope it helps.

Snapped Tyre I think its broken Tyres Replaced New Blade Good As New
20220206_135120.jpg
20220206_135129.jpg
20220206_152013.jpg
20220206_145621.jpg
20220206_152131.jpg

Hi, think bandsaw parts are in sidmouth, devon.

That vid is good, was super quick to do with zipties

I bought some urethane tyres from them too, I would definitely recommend them, good customer service and advice on the right tyres.

I helped a friend last weekend with his bandsaw set up, his blade and tyres were coming off and he thought the tyres had stretched or were worn. Both are fine but the bottom wheel needed some serious re-tracking/setting up as it was not co-planer with the top wheel. After half an our of resetting up all was fine.

You can see how off centre the shaft was from the factory.
IMG_2330.jpeg

Back