Received my new blade for my SCMS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
This one beauty 250MM 30MM bore and 80THT is to be fitted on my EB KGS300 for wich I bought the Electronic Brake because a 60 sec wait for the blade to stop is unworkable (so I have some work to do this weekend)

1107515404_IMAGE_00002.jpg

Mcluma where did you get the brake from Elektra Beckum? How much was it? and is it easy to fit?

Regards

Woody

Well i bought it in Dtsl as EB uk advised me it would be cheaper, Still a wacky £50,- (UK 85 plus VAT and shipping) But hell I need it, and the techie bloke at EB uk told me to give him a call wen it arrived, which i will do on monday and then he will talk me through the fit,

It has a diagram with it, but the EB bloke in the UK said that he has done a quite a few of them and its a doddle if he talks me through it. He was really nice (had previously worked for EB in Dtsl had moved to the UK)

I will post a picture of the Electronic Brake, but it will be a bit later, as I have just come home

But keep you posted

Here it is.... The electronic brake for my KGS300, The give you a complete new black box, as this will now have special fixings to hold the print-plate.

This is the whole unit you get for the £50,- and should stop the blade now within 10 sec, and not 2 min
P1010036r.JPG

Dtsl - Deutschland - Germany I bought it from EB in Germany

Al these parts are so much cheaper in Germany, that I buy it there (even EB UK advised me to do that :wink: )

Fitted this weekend the electronic brake MY EB KGS300.

and it works perfect, it was more easy then i thought (didn't need the help of EB after all) all the wires are numbered and with the added leaflet it was a doddle

And I can really recommend this to people who have a KGS300 or 301 without the brake

Within 3 sec it stands still, it is amazing, even my dw 701 with electronic brake wasn't that quick

I am getting more happy by the day

Hi McLuma. How did you get your electric brake from Germany??? I read this post and tried the same but was told I had to contact EB in GB. They then told me that I had to buy indirect from a retailer here. I spoke to Mike Becker who sounds like the technical person you mention and he said its impossible buy direct from Metabo in Germany. Would love to have a brake but £86 seems too much.

I ordered it direct from germany, as i work in germany during the week.

Having this brake on it, makes a difference, the machine is now the best SCMS i ever had (and i had a lot)

The EB SCMS go quite cheap on ebay-uk and then it makes sence to put the brake on it.

Fitting the brake was not more then a 10min job and you do not need to be an electrician to do so. you automatically get the bigger cover for it (it is in germany an of the shelf upgrade for these machines.

If you want i can help to get you the brake from germany, just pm me

McLuma

Back