Rebuilding a Wadkin Bao Planer Thicknesser.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfred Hunte

Reaction score
Hello Folks, I am new to UK Workshop and am not sure if this is the right place for my inquiry, so feel free to correct me.
I have started to Rebuild a Wadkin Planer Thicknesser I am not sure if it is a BAO or BAOS there are no name Tags,
This machine has been abandoned by a Corian Fabricating company who used it for misc woodwork so it is covered in wood and corian dust.
I have taken off the three tables and now have to work on getting the main bed raising pillar out it is corroded pretty bad.
I will probably need help when I get to reassemble so if any of you folk have experience with this I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks
Alfred.

A BAO was just a thicknesser and BAO/S has the surfacing tables if that helps you identify it.

Thanks, I know how they work but I need someone who has stripped down one as I am doing it and put it back together again.

Thank you doug. will look out for that.
will you be able/ willing to help me with the reassembly when I get everything dismantled & cleaned up??

There's good parts diagrams of the various wadkin units about. I think if you just Google wadkin Bao/s parts diagram somthing will come up?

Yes the manuals are part lists are online. I think Scott and Sargent have the clearest scan. The problem is that the likes of AMS who have spare parts, e.g. worm gears etc, are charging a stupendous amount of money for them. If any of these parts fail on my machine then I'll be getting an engineering company to produce me a batch. I'm sure they could be made as specials by gear companies such as HPC for less than AMS are charging for their in-stock items.

My unit has no anti-kickback fingers so I'm considering having some made (the bar etc is present). AMS would want £38.95 +vat per finger! I think there are about twenty fingers in the job.

I also noticed that they are charging £32 per drive belt. Something that will cost you £6 anywhere else.

Yes the manuals are part lists are online. I think Scott and Sargent have the clearest scan. The problem is that the likes of AMS who have spare parts, e.g. worm gears etc, are charging a stupendous amount of money for them. If any of these parts fail on my machine then I'll be getting an engineering company to produce me a batch. I'm sure they could be made as specials by gear companies such as HPC for less than AMS are charging for their in-stock items.

My unit has no anti-kickback fingers so I'm considering having some made (the bar etc is present). AMS would want £38.95 +vat per finger! I think there are about twenty fingers in the job.

I also noticed that they are charging £32 per drive belt. Something that will cost you £6 anywhere else.

EDIT: I now realise that mine never came with anti-kickback fingers, only a tie-bar at each end.

Latest posts

Back