Real woodworking...?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrisminordriver

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been directed by the DDO (Director of Domestic Operations - aka Mrs MMD) to prepare for MMD Juniors arrival by building fitted cupbards in the bedroom.
So I drew up a plan which has consisted of a front frame (made of 34mm sq PAR battens and T+G boards.... made it up ensuring battens cut sqarely, correct length - with a little block plane fettling on one or two, half lap joints cut with router (first time Ive really used my inherited Mof 96 Elu banshee!), all fitted with no gaps, then the whole thing fitted into the opening where it was to go.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wowee - I felt like a real woodworker!.
got to finalise shelving internally then make the doors - will try to post a piccie if I learn how to use the camera.
Regards, MMD.

MMD,

Yep its really nice when a plan comes together :D

Please try to learn how to use the camera, love seeing what other woodworkers are doing 8)

Well done MMD.

Sometimes you have a go at a project, not expecting
too much and then.....

SURPRISE,SURPRISE( who let Cilla on here?)
all turns out lovely!

TX

Hi MMD

morrisminordriver":21carp8u said:
all fitted with no gaps, then the whole thing fitted into the opening where it was to go

Congratulations on your excellent planning.

But I have to ask myself why does it never work like that for me? :roll:

Cheers
Neil

MMD
When I project like that goes so well for me early on it usually means I am heading for a fall later on.

Hope the rest of job goes as smoothly

Andy

Mike,

Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together*. Wish I could remember when that last happened to me though... :cry: :lol: So definitely take pics - then you can remind yourself! :wink:

Cheers, Alf

*The A-Team (tm)

Back