Ready to kit out my workshop ... It's taken 3years to get here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, exactly the same, but i had to underpin my house 3m. The roof is rated for 0.75m of garden back on top and a 1.5Tn point load incase I want to drive a jcb over it too. It's in waterproof concrete so no tanking issues. Let me upload some photos later today when I have a little more time :)

Update on machinery i might go with after talking to a few people.....

Bottom end .... Record Ts2 / PT300 / Sabre 350 ~£8K (apparently PT300 is essentially a JPT JET310HH for a grand less?)

Hammer equiv £1x ?

Hi, exactly the same, but i had to underpin my house 3m. The roof is rated for 0.75m of garden back on top and a 1.5Tn point load incase I want to drive a jcb over it too. It's in waterproof concrete so no tanking issues. Let me upload some photos later today when I have a little more time :)
Thanks. Would be very interested to see the pics when you have time. It sounds like the sort of construction I should be looking at. There are several ways I know it can be done but not a lot of info out there that I have found.

Bottom end .... Record Ts2 / PT300 / Sabre 350 ~£8K (apparently PT300 is essentially a JPT JET310HH for a grand less?)

The HH in the Jet JPT-310-HH stands for helical head. Jet also do the 310 model with a traditional 3 knife cutter block (JPT-310-M), which is cheaper.

As far as I know, the Record PT300 is only supplied with a 3 knife block. I’m sure you could get an aftermarket (third party) helical head to install but it would increase the cost significantly.

Is a helical head worth it? You’ll get divergent opinions on here, but I have them in both the PT and benchtop thicknesser (I’ll be selling the latter now I have a stationary machine with an induction motor) and have found the finish quality to be first class. The carbide cutters last a very long time before they need changing (and each one can be rotated four times prior to being replaced). I’d say it’s worth the investment if you plan to regularly work with hardwoods, esp. dense and/or figured material.

Update on machinery i might go with after talking to a few people.....

Hammer equiv £1x ?
Hi
Have you purchased your table saw yet .just to let you know I purchased the laguna Fusion 3 ..I was getting prices from stores in ireland at €4000 ..I bought from igm tools and machinery in europe delivered to my house for €2500 ..it is the 1st Gen model as they brought 2022 2nd gen out ..but I can not say how delighted I am with the saw .. hope this helps you out .
That my fusion 3 in her now home

Attachments

• 20220513_154607.jpg
    20220513_154607.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi.
I've been building a garage for 3 years and finally got the (concrete) lid on it. All my tools are in the house and now its time to move them out and buy some big power tools... My garage is slightly larger than 6m x 7m and I dont think it will see a vehicule in it any time soon.

A byproduct of building the garage is that I have 1.4km of 6*2 timber, 36 sheets of 25mm 8*4 ply and 80 acro props!!!

I think I I will probably need a replacement for my aging tablesaw, a bandsaw and a planer thickneser for starts (I have 32A single phase supply).

I'm looking for either new or s/h for something like.....

Sartrite TS1/ Record TS2/ Segwich TS315 / Laguna Fusion 3 / Felder K700 (preferably 12")
Jet 310HH / Hammer As 31
Good 14" bandsaw
Router table

Any pointers/suggestions/contacts would be much appreciated

Thanks

Back