Re: yet more identification help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindas

Established Member
Reaction score
A few more questions about pricing and identification

Attachments

• 1563314827243image.jpg
    1563314827243image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 816
  • 1563314779045image.jpg
    1563314779045image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 816
  • 1563314863533image.jpg
    1563314863533image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 816
Do you know how to search ebay for prices realised ?

£10 for Woden and Marples mitre clamps sounds about right. That would be cash on collection, ebay prices are a bit higher but you have the hassle of packing and fees on top.

Record maybe £15-20 as they a bit rarer.

Thank you all for help with identification. I’ll look up marples marking awls, should be able to find them now I have a name.

I don’t know how to search eBay for realised prices but I should find out as looking up the offered prices probably ends up with me putting a too high a price.

It’s hard with used tools as conditions vary so much from rusty and incomplete to good and boxed.

Thank you for helping

Linda

"I don’t know how to search eBay for realised prices"
on menu on left side of eBay screen, tick the "completed" box, green numbers are the sold prices.

If you want them to sell, put a lowish price and it will be bid up to what its worth on the day, by those who are interested in buying.

Regards,
Dave

Go to ebay. Enter chisels as a search term. Under the ebay logo is a column of options to the left of the page.
Scroll to the bottom till you see *show only* then click 'completed listings.' Refresh your page if necessary. (hammer)

"Indeed! But there are multiples of everything! Part of our problem"

Having cleaned out MY father's garage, I postulate: "Hoarder". Sympathy and understanding.
I needed several large glasses of red understanding after my sixth car-load went tip-wise, and we still hadn't dealt with his six strimmers, four sledge hammers, five cordless drills and....

Sam

What only 4 sledge hammers? Yes hoarder is correct. I have been sorting 70 plus masonry chisels and the laugh is that Dad mixed old paint up and painted them with the resulting pink colour. What is a man gonna say to his mates as he picks up his new pink chisels!!!!!!!!

Pink is the ideal colour for marking your tools at consruction sites. Nobody else uses that colour.

4 sledge hammers isn't much. I am surely approaching a dozen..... in use.

heimlaga":3qwyqk5o said:
...4 sledge hammers isn't much. I am surely approaching a dozen..... in use.
Only one sledgehammer.

Over 100 handplanes, 20+ eggbeaters, 10 post drills :oops:

...but only one sledge hammer.

Cheers, Vann.

John Brown":2kz5775f said:
Excuse my ignorance, but why would anyone need so many marking knives?

LOL can I point you in the direction of the assembled group of gentlemen? Maybe some of the ones with boxes and boxes and tool rolls*, and drawers, FULL of chisels, calipers, steel rules, marking gauges and other "stuff" can give you a suitable answer?**

*and boxes.

** Yes I'm certainly on the way to joining them.

*** I lied about having 17 planes - it's 21, I found some more... in a box. No I don't know how they got there.

heimlaga":1c4nxj6r said:
Pink is the ideal colour for marking your tools at consruction sites. Nobody else uses that colour.

4 sledge hammers isn't much. I am surely approaching a dozen..... in use.

Used to be, but now that we have *gasp* women on job sites who come replete with *gasp* pink drills, toolboxes and other ephemera, no site is safe anymore.

BTW - I could use at least 2 or 3 masonry chisels and bolsters, stick my name down plz?

PPS - Linda are there any "left hand / right pairs" in that lot? - only bevelled one side not both? Could use a pair of them too.

I have a couple of marking knives of that pattern they are very useful tools.
I don't think I have ever actually used them for marking out however.

I know there are some serious hoarders on this forum, but personally, I believe tools are for using, not collecting. If you want to collect something, there are always stamps.

Back