Re: Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davedog

Reaction score
Hi
Sorry guys and girls I am new to this I have a small workshop 6mx3m and I am looking for what type of dust extraction I need . The equipment I have in the shop is
1. Thickness planer
2.piller drill
3.router table
4.cross cut saw
5. Table saw
6.wood work lathe
7. Bench grinder
I am unsure of what type of extraction I need could any one help or recommend equipment to buy thanks look forward to your comments

Hiya

If you do a searxh on here there are about a bazillion threads covering the full spectrum of opinions on this.

My summary:
- Wider ducting is +++ better. For your setup, 100mm is a minimum.
- Bends, especially sharp ones, are your enemy - limit to max. 3 to any machine
- What you extract *to* is important. A 1um filter cartridge is part of the plan
- Many of these machines have not been designed with good dust collection in mind. So be ready to do so adaptation

My setup has similar tools. I have a 3 HP extractor (bought secondhand) through 100mm pipe. I built an upstream cyclone and have a twin 1um filters downstream. The P2.5 is generally <5 when I'm using any machine.

I also bought a cheap P1/2.5/10 meter, and a high quality mask setup (one of the visor ones). And I never use MDF.

Back