Re-doing the Garden

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All

Hey all quick update and question.

the deck is now down and pergola is up - hard work. The weather isn’t great, and the boards are wet. Should I cover the deck with a tarpaulin to allow just air to to dry the boards ready for sealing?

I ended up going for 25mm boards out of wicks as the price at 7 pounds was pretty competitive plus this isn’t our forget home otherwise I would have gone with cladco composite. The chippy I hired was ummm alright at best. He’s young and just starting out but he did a good job cutting the joist notched for me and was a great help with the pergola. Otherwise I did it all myself which although was very hard work but rewarding. My decking board cut lines are not perfectly aligned, maybe I can shimmy them at a later stage but overall I’m happy - I call it character haha.

To add to all this hard work my neighbour had a small fire which caught the edges of my deck so I had to redo all of that - pain in the you know what - but I got it done.

Now I’m after a available brickie to build
Me to block planters and replace my fence. If anyone has a good person who is available at reasonable notice and is in the Basingstoke area/surroundings pls let me know

thanks all for your help

just outta interest.....
just laid 40m2 of treated pine decking .....120mmW x 18-20mmThick x 4.25m L......
a little under €800......thats a just under £700....
price of living on an island and in the sun I guess........

Back