RE,big lathe alert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodturnerEric

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed Doug B, put a leopard never changes its spots,or words to that effect,I`ve been in touch with the guy about the lathe,is there anything I should know before I buy it off him,as I don`t ,1 to loose my money,2 buy a stolen or dodgy lathe,if somone could get back to me Iwould appreciate it,regards, Eric.

Jonzjob":369sg0ir said:
If this is a continuation of another thread, any chance of a link to it or failing that what are you on about Eric :? :? :?

yes it is a continuation of another thread,couldn`t find it at the time so started a new one,the original thread was big lathe alert
,reagrds, Eric.

woodturnerEric":1m6gnlef said:
Jonzjob":1m6gnlef said:
If this is a continuation of another thread, any chance of a link to it or failing that what are you on about Eric :? :? :?

yes it is a continuation of another thread,couldn`t find it at the time so started a new one,the original thread was big lathe alert
,reagrds, Eric.

original thread

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/big-lathe-alert-t58780.html

recomendation, as with any such purchase, would be to ensure you have everything necessary to establish good title to the goods being purchased, and a clearly framed receipt for your money in respect of said goods.

Ta Jumps.. :mrgreen:

Now that's what I call a starter kit! I mean to start your own shop!

"the words "change, doesn`t, spots, his & leopard" come to mind but in a different order :roll:"

I remember seeing the thread, but I didn't look at the link very much. Too far away for me. But I also click the connection with Dougs quote above from the original thread. I also remember Noels closing post too. Also several other similar situations and a rather bad feeling floating around? I may be totally wrong, but?

I think I could use Dougs idea of rearrange this into a well known phrase it would be to do with barge poles and touching personally.

i think what you will find is that doug is refering to the lathe being sold in the thread and not a lathe doug is selling, the chap selling it seems to appear at regular intervals selling off his stuff..

Johnsjob,yes thats why I opened a new thread,if there`s bad feeling out there about this chap,I`d like to know why,and if those people with the bad feeling,feel they were caught somehow,I`d like to know so I` don`t get caught the same way,if they were caught,or it might be totaly legit,but I`ll have to wait and see,regards, Eric.

Jonzjob":2i08311e said:
Keep an eye out for a nice big quiet compressor so that the lights in yer workshop don't keep on dipping?

Say no more!

indeed! but how he noticed that happening boggles me!

Eric, just search tinternet for matching name or telephone number as mentioned in the pointed out threads and one may become enlightened to the possible source of said goodies. I may be barking up the proverbial or just barking, and if i am i apologise. :oops:
but if i'm not .... :(

woodturnerEric the seller appears to be the same person who has joined this and other fora many times with a view to eliciting sympathy as a means to both obtain goods and sell them. There was a long drawn out debate and sides were picked, but in the end the majority on here and other places decided he is a crook. Of course we could be wrong, maybe he really is a blind welder and musical instrument maker and woodturner and......

I suppose if you keep at enough some poor well meaning folks will get caught?
Should be made illegal?
Perhaps Watchdog or some other TV consumer programme might pick it up?

Rod

blind lawnmower restoration and redesign. I think that is my favourite.

I suppose he cant spend all day every day blind chainsawing

Can't claim the original spot, but the mod team do check from time to time on the guys oustanding achievements declared across the web.

I once worked with a chap who was "totally blind" . Full Monty, registered, used long cane, worked for a well known UK blind charity. I always thought he was incredibly independent. Until the day he was stopped on the M6 driving a car.

He never was blind, he just wanted to be!!

The human mind is a mystery.

Tinbasher":2842suyv said:
I once worked with a chap who was "totally blind" . Full Monty, registered, used long cane, worked for a well known UK blind charity. I always thought he was incredibly independent. Until the day he was stopped on the M6 driving a car.

He never was blind, he just wanted to be!!

The human mind is a mystery.

:? why was he stopped? was he waving his white stick out of the car window? :D

Back