Re- a recent enquiry about equipment wax, op departed after one reply.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I had a number of replies with some very helpful advice, for which I'm very thankful and I'm glad I joined.
... I'll be here asking all sorts of things. If I get the same helpful advice as I did to my first question I'm sure my future builds will go well.

Maybe because you listened to someone? :) Many first posts serve only to irrate the people who try to help because the OP has already decided what to do (wrongly), wants his opinion reinforced then objects like hell when experienced people don't agree with him.

I joined this forum recently to ask, what most here would probably consider a very broad and often asked question. I wanted to know what hardware I should look at getting to start wood working. I had a number of replies with some very helpful advice, for which I'm very thankful and I'm glad I joined.

Maybe it's worth remembering that everyone started somewhere. What may seem like a stupid question to someone with years of knowledge and experience could be seen as a hurdle to someone just starting out. I'm sure over the next year or so, while I start trying my hand at wood working, I'll be here asking all sorts of things. If I get the same helpful advice as I did to my first question I'm sure my future builds will go well.

Don't worry Britton.. You won't be 'trying your hand' for long. Once this bug bites it bites forever. Best of luck

John

Thanks Benchwayze. It's something I have waited a long time for but delivery of my shed is now only 4 weeks away! I'm counting down the days!

Back