Re: 2012 January Challenge (Dissusion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alli ( Ready )
Blister ( Ready )
Boysie39 ( Ready )
callumlovatt ( Ready )
cambournepete ( Ready )
darkness
dennisk ( Ready )
duncanh ( Ready )
gerrybhoy70 ( Ready )
gregmcateer
gus3049
Haldane ( Ready )
henton49er ( Ready )
Hesh ( Ready )
Hudson Carpentry ( Ready )
j1mbr0wn ( Ready )
Jonzjob ( Ready )
jumps ( Ready )
L2wis ( Ready )
Leo ( Ready )
loz ( Ready )
maltrout512
Melinda_dd ( Ready )
monkeybiter ( Ready )
Nev ( Ready )
philb88 ( Ready )
Roger C
RogerBoyle
ScottishTurner
Silverbirch ( Ready )
steadyeddie ( Ready )
Steven
Tpot
wardroom ( Ready )
Wood spoiler ( Ready )
woodntings ( Ready )

Dear Mr Blister

Last 2 days of holiday before returning to the rat race spent in the shed.

aaaaah bliss! no guests, no family, no visits, no trips to the airport and best of all no ice! Really quite warm in the shed!

Happy to report I have an entry ready for this months challenge

blamey your keen! i've sat and froze today... so cold. and sulked because like you im back to work tomorrow :-(

Wood spoiler":1uofiue2 said:
Dear Mr Blister

Last 2 days of holiday before returning to the rat race spent in the shed.

aaaaah bliss! no guests, no family, no visits, no trips to the airport and best of all no ice! Really quite warm in the shed!

Happy to report I have an entry ready for this months challenge

OK Noted

Im in ( if you'll have me )

This may seem stupid :oops: :oops: but you know when you take a picture and transfer it to the 'puter.

How do I then transfer it to the challenge site. :?

You know its easy so can pls. Help me. :roll:

Is it the same as putting a picture on the forum as per the box at the bottom of the postings

or are they posted to somewhere else :oops: :oops:

Jonzjob":36s0tnbh said:
I'd like to rejoin the challenge please Mr Blister Sir :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I thought that I'd sent in my request? A 'hearafter moment' that's when you go into a room and say to yourself "what the hell am I here after?"

Not started yet though..

OK

you are added :wink:

Blister":2vyp767a said:
Any wood type ( Wood type and cost / value will not be taken into consideration ) as this challenge is all about design / shape / form / turning and finishing skills

Must be turned on a lathe from a single piece of wood / blank

No enhancements of any type allowed other than sanding sealer and a clear ( Non coloured ) Finishing product

Just to be 100% clear, I assume that beads and coves are acceptable or do they fall under the no enhancements rule? I'm certain that they'd be fine but thought I'd check just in case.

I cut a blank out of a plank and turned the outside tonight but found that it had some odd green staining inside it:-( This wouldn't be surprising if it was sycamore but it's a darkish brown exotic. Oh well, I'll be using a dark wax on it to hide the colour so I'll have to find another blank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back