Raynauds!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
We've all got Raynauds, of varying degrees of severity, and have tried gloves but they don't seem to do anything. Last year we found these Little Hotties hand warmers which are quite good (though are activated when you shake them vigorously, so looks a bit dodgy when you're sat in the van and someone just sees your hand moving repeatedly! :roll: )

SO any suggestions/ tips from any fellow sufferers?

Thanks,

Mark

Intrigued I followed the link and came across the Raynaud's society....and Recommended Products...and I then followed this link...to read this..

Silver is highly conductive and is able to take the electrical pulses of the leg nerves and convert this into a passive magnetic field which increase’s the blood circulation and regulate the skin temperature at 37º therefore keeping the feet warmer

I'm struggling to understand 'passive magnetic field'....I'd like to be proved wrong and a cynic.

Blister":miltpfdw said:

We've tried most of the gloves recommended over the years (wool, thinsulate, lambskin, ski gloves, sealskinz, even wetsuit gloves!) but they all aren't good enough. The hand warmers I linked too are the most effective, but still don't prevent hands from looking cadaverous!

Mark

I have had 4 of these for a lot of years now. http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop ... 34335.html

I used to use them in the winter when I went flying RC gliders off of the VERY cold hills around Stroud. Never mind using and throwing. You just recharge them by putting them in boiling water for 10 mins or so and when they cool down they are ready to use again. Great things!!

I used to use them in the winter when I went flying RC gliders off of the VERY cold hills around Stroud

A hobby that once i was deeply into, but not now!
Nice warm day here, low overcast. Wind speed 42 mph!

Roy.

165 mph! Phew! Our local maximum is a mere 105 mph!

Roy.

The wife gets this and when the cold weather starts she takes what we call her warm pills. I forget exactly what they are (I can find out if you want) but they are usual used to lower blood pressure. According to the doc they work by opening up the tiny capillaries in the extremities so more blood can flow to them keeping them warm (vasodilators). You only need a tiny dose for it to be effective so pretty much anyone that isn't already suffering low blood pressure can take them.

Hi wc,

The pills I take for this problem are called Adelat Retard; the retard part has been added this year, and by jove - they work.
I normally have waxy white (cold) fingers by now, but these kiddies do the trick for the whole day; hence Retard.
And yes, they are usually for heart problems, so one has to have an occasional BP check. A small price to pay for warm hands. I've been working in the workshop all week in 3 to 5 degrees, and I have not had cold hands yet...This is a first for me =D> =D> =D>

Regards...Dick.

Cegidfa":3luxv2j4 said:
Hi wc,

The pills I take for this problem are called Adelat Retard; the retard part has been added this year, and by jove - they work.
I normally have waxy white (cold) fingers by now, but these kiddies do the trick for the whole day; hence Retard.
And yes, they are usually for heart problems, so one has to have an occasional BP check. A small price to pay for warm hands. I've been working in the workshop all week in 3 to 5 degrees, and I have not had cold hands yet...This is a first for me =D> =D> =D>

Regards...Dick.
Hi Dick
Are they prescription only or can you buy them at the chemist? I take ginko biloba tablets and they appear to improve circulation generally except to the fingers and toes.
Regards Keith

Morning Keith,

You will have to see a doctor for a prescription.....if you don't die of old age first :D
I only take them in the winter months, as no drug is without some side effects, albeit minor.
The fact that I have to have an occasional BP check proves that....but by golly they work well.
Just make sure that you ask for the Retard version (slow dispersion) as they are even better.

Good luck....Dick.

Back