rayburn retailer rant

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of elderly customers who want to replace their gas cooker and boiler set-up with a Rayburn that will do both. They want it now and they are ready to write the cheque. Do you think I can find a retailer who will take their money and supply and install the cooker. Can I ****!
The retailers I've contacted are happy to take the money and throw a cooker through the door but unfortunately there's rather more to these cookers than that. They need to be correctly installed, proper flue etc, connection to the central heating etc etc
The same firms make AGA's which they also install, but AGAs only cook, no central heating
It's a wonder that anybody buys these things. I rang the nearest branch of the manufacturer's own chain of shops and the best they could do was to suggest the local guy (booked til end of April) or another firm 80 miles away!
These cookers are made in England. I expect if they were made in Germany I could get one installed next week.
Shame, isn't it
John

My nearest comissioning bloke is 60 miles away, had to use the grumpy twit to get it going when we got it 10 years ago, being doing everything myself since.
BTW Aga do cooker and boiler combi units. Hope you get it sorted.

Back