Ratchet straps, do you have a favourite (for woodwork)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
For clamping up a box / frame / whatever, probably needing a few metres of strap?
I've one with big clunky hooks on it, not very clever. The 'undo' option needs to be just so before it
will release any tension.

Clamping up a 1.1 x .8m frame and I needed two - even one was a b... to tighten up (without 3 pairs of hands).

Looking for a recommendation please, say 4 metres, 25mm strap?

For clamping up a box / frame / whatever, probably needing a few metres of strap?
I've one with big clunky hooks on it, not very clever. The 'undo' option needs to be just so before it
will release any tension.

Clamping up a 1.1 x .8m frame and I needed two - even one was a b... to tighten up (without 3 pairs of hands).

Looking for a recommendation please, say 4 metres, 25mm strap?
Are these what you're thinking of? I've had a pair for many years and have been the answer to clamping large items on many occasions. I think mine are Clarkes but these Screwfix ones will be just the same.
Brian

I need them so rarely I grab some tie down straps from the truck with a set of these corners. I have a couple sets of the corners and half a dozen straps for the truck. A little penetrating oil on the ratchet mechanism does wonders for the release.

Pete

Latest posts

Back