Random Orbit Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahoy shipmate!

F & C has a very concise Review in its July edition on the Bosch. Which prompted me to get one. And I don't regret it!

Smudge

+1 for the Metabo. I was advised on this forum to buy one a few years ago. It is one of the best tools I have bought. It's so good my wife will happily use it so double bonus :lol:

James

+1 for metabo sxe 450
My workshop roof was damaged in recent gales and my old metabo sander got ruined by water so just replaced it with another from this firm
http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/4007 ... ack%20240v

Very pleased much lighter than old model but seems to be just as good

Ive used the bosch proffesional but its more of a fine finishing sander with a smaller orbit, metabo has two settings

Yup another +1 for the Metabo SXE450 - have had mine about 6 years and has had some serious use in that time, its been dropped but still going strong. I replaced the velcro pad about a year ago at a cost of £12 so would highly recommend.

I wouldn't be without my Metabo SXE 450, one of the best power tools I've ever bought, had it since they came out and it's always performed faultlessly. Variable speed and dual orbit, with 40 grit on the 6mm orbit you can remove huge amounts of material very quickly, fine discs on the 3mm orbit produce an almost polished finish.

Have a look at the Mirka Ceros, it's a wondeful machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcmvaIG2hQ

It's really light, easy to the hands and very powerful. Even some Festool fans have switched their ETS150s for the Ceros.
Disclaimer - this tool is made in Finland and I'm Finnish, so I might be a bit biased. I do have one, I'm really happy with it. I do NOT work for Mirka.

Ok, I read the original post now better - sorry, this one is not in the same price bracket. #-o

I have killed my Metabo SX 450. :cry: It looks like the bearings are shot as it started running slow. Replaced the brushes but it is still the same. Will have to get it repaired I suppose. It has served me well though so shouldn't complain.

JanneKi":6iinabmg said:
Have a look at the Mirka Ceros, it's a wondeful machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcmvaIG2hQ

It's really light, easy to the hands and very powerful. Even some Festool fans have switched their ETS150s for the Ceros.
Disclaimer - this tool is made in Finland and I'm Finnish, so I might be a bit biased. I do have one, I'm really happy with it. I do NOT work for Mirka.

Ok, I read the original post now better - sorry, this one is not in the same price bracket. #-o

I'm not Finnish, I have one of these, and am very pleased with it. You need to buy the hose because normal dust extractor hose won't fit. I used to have a Festool RO150 so have a good basis for comparison.

Although the sander itself is very light, the cable is quite heavy, so it's a good idea to rig up a boom to support it and the hose.

I used to have a Metabo 450 a few years ago and it was very good while it lasted, although it was tedious waiting for it to slow down before it was safe to put it down.

Back