Rali L260 Plane Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durhamsmudger

Reaction score
Hi
I bought this plane a good few years ago along with a number of replaceable blades, I'm now on my last blade and can't find replacements anywhere apart from the USA, by time you add the price $38, plus US tax, plus Postage, Plus import duty the cost is scary!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some, it's a really well balanced accurate plane & I'd be gutted to have to sling it
Cheers
Alan

I thought I'd be clever and look on French eBay. First sellers were in US, but then there was one in Manchester.
The same seller is also listed on UK eBay, so to keep things simple you could just start there. :)

They are offering a pack of 10 for £51.39 inc postage.

I think the plane is whispering to you, '' get an old stanley and just sharpen the blade yourself''.
On a marketing level Rali are on a winner. Be ok if the blade cost was reasonable like stanley knife blades but being held to ransom kind of grates. Don't start me on printer ink.
Regards
John

I've got a quite a few different Stanley planes but the Rali is so simple & with its laminated base its effortless - might have tobokk a holiday to the US - after all this Covic stuff - good excuse!

You might be the first person I've ever heard of liking one of those yokes. :)
Sharpen up those Sanley planes.

Tom

They must have the biggest shop window in Switzerland

I've never seen them (here in the states), and at the cost of the blades, we assumed over here that they were purchased by contractors who could write them off for people who use a plane 2 times a year to hack off bits on a construction site.

I hope they are sold at a discount vs. what the site says the priced ($150+ for stamped metal and molded plastic handles).

If you squint a little (much) it looks like an infill plane. You might be able to tear out the bits of plastic and create a wooden insert which takes regular plane blades. While you are at it, you could also do what Karl Holtey does and put some screws in and file them flat, because currently those screws are quite prominent. :D

Back