Raising and Lowering table saw blade issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGMenager

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls
I use a SIP 01332/itech 01332 10" table saw. Fully raising the blade is becoming a workout, lowering it is also very hard from the top position. In both operations (up or down) it becomes harder when reaching the top. I have brushed off saw dust, air blown the parts after removing the access side panels, but before I start unscrewing things..... I want to ask.

Any advice/ recommendations, please?

Regards

Marcos

You will have to clean the trunnions, as things can break if forced.
Apply a dry lubricant like PTFE, otherwise the sawdust will stick to it again and harden up in no time.

Tom.

Does the riving knife move up and down with the blade? If so, check that the back of the RK is not fouling the casting. I had that problem once.

What Tom said.

It's a pain but you need to get in there with a stiff paintbrush or brass wire brush and get it cleaned and blasted out.
A few years ago mine did that, it just sort of crept up on me and I couldn't spare the time to sort it properly until part of the worm drive stripped unfortunately with the blade almost fully down then it meant a week waiting for parts and more than half a day to fit, which is a pita btw trying to get spanners into tight spaces

Back