Raised Panel Router Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of doors to make, and need a raised panel bit to use with the woodrat. The type I'm looking for is not the normal "spinning disc" but a vertical bit. I have seen them for sale, but can't remember who made them - does anyone else have any ideas?

Adam

And after about a year - finally got round to ordering one :oops: . Arrived from Wealden this morning.

I'd placed a web order - which crashed just as I hit submit. Anyway, a quick phone call sorted it out - and they were very helpful.

I've been getting by using the router table/raiser bits at work in the meantime - but having switched jobs - it seems a but cheeky to drop in and "borrow" their workshops!

So, just need to get the 5 new beehives, out the workshop and I might be able to get access to the 'rat and actually make my raised panels!

Adam

waterhead37":1j5h09va said:
Adam,

Just remember you can't do arched panels with the vertical style of bit.

Don't worry Chris, I'm still avoiding curves in anything I make where possible - as it makes everything difficult. Nice straight, square edges for me! :oops: Well, thats what I'm trying for anyway!

Adam

Mcluma":2trqsqi3 said:
point taken, i was revering to simple raised pannels

It is in fact an Ogee cutter - I could have done a simple raised panel on the 'rat or the table saw - but wanted the "smooth" look to it.

Adam

Back