Rained much

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gog64

Established Member
Reaction score
My son left a bucket out Wednesday evening after taking some treats to the sheep. Now full of water. That’s not a small household bucket either! Considering we haven’t had any rain for a very long time, it all came at once! No wonder the potato farmers are worried. What’s it like where you are?

E791BD09-88A5-42E9-A234-93928A97C944.jpeg

Lovely blue bucket, and MARVELLOUS gravity-defying water:cool:

Since you ask, here we also badly need rain. I was out for about an hour in the car for some local stuff today. In that time I turned the windscreen wipers ON 3 times - and OFF again 3 times.

I reckon we've had about "6 drops per Sq Metre". MAYBE some more overnight/tomorrow morning according to the forecast. We'll see!

I couldn't have filled an egg cup in Leeds over the last week. It has forecast rain for the last few days but that forecast keeps moving to the right.

The daddy of all thunderstorms dropped an almighty amount of water on us overnight*, with an impressive sound and light show for accompaniment. Considering we'd had 6 days in a row over 30, with humidity up around 80 percent or more, we were desperate for a change. It was so dramatic that the pooch forced open the kitchen door and came upstairs for the first time ever, to sleep under our bed. That's against the rules, but she was a quivering wreck with all the banging and crashing.

*I'd guess at 2 inches.

Oooh, it's grim halfway up a hill in the Scottish Borders.

15viii20northe view.jpg

Garden's looking a bit scabby too...

15viii20garden.jpg

You poor southerners. My heart bleeds to think of your misfortune, with the rain an' all.

Heavy rain in East London at the moment, I expect roads will be flooded shortly. although I haven't seen any light shows yet

Heavy rain and some distant thunder on Thursday for a few minutes but it didn't end the heat . Yesterday, cooler, overcast and no rain. Today, just mizzle all day. Humidity has been in the mid to high 90s. It' supposed to drop tomorrow afternoon. At least it's cooler.

Had to give the daughters GWP a couple of Zanax to calm him down when it thundered even though it was distant. If it's bad, he tries to get out of the house to escape it.

Nigel.

Back