radiator under a wood rack?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some heating advice, I'm planning on installing radiators in the workshop to try and get it warm and I'm hoping it'll help stop the rust problem too...

They'll be connected to the boiler in the office via a soon to be dug trench (which I'm really looking forward to digging :roll:) .

I'm thinking of putting one of the radiators behind my work bench but the wood storage rack is directly above it (well there's about 1m clearance). Will that be a problem? My initial thought was it would dry the wood out too much but now after thinking about it, I think it might be okay. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Charley, put a shelf just over the top of the radiator which should deflect the heat out into the room. Don't forget you will need heavy insulation on the pipes in the ground otherwise you will lose a lot of heat.

You could also put some silver foil on the underside of the shelf to help deflect some of the direct heat away from the wood stored above it.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back