Radiator Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've just finished this for a client - it's 150mm deep overall and 2440mm (8 feet) wide. Shelf height is 878mm, all made of MDF and held together with pocket screws - first use of the Kreg Mini I picked up at Kempton Park.

radcab.jpg

Ray.

Ray,

Looks good. Are you happy with the Kreg jig? I love mine but have not used it on any that big, so far. :)

waterhead37 I looked at 3mm hardboard panels first because they were already white (one side only). However, the insides of the pattern were so ragged and generally looked tatty, so I went with the unpainted 3mm MDF version because the cutouts were so much crisper. Painting the panels was a pain - I found the most efficient way was to put it on with a roller and use a brush to deal with the surplus on the reverse at the same time. A couple of passes in two different directions did the job.

DaveL The Kreg Mini is very easy to use and I was surprised just how strong the dry joints were. Final assembly involved a thin coat of glue on the mating surfaces, so I'm certain that it will be a long-lasting and effective joint. I bought the jig from the Brimarc stand at Kempton Park. It cost me £18.75, including a square driver and a box of coarse screws.

I had earlier posted a question why Axminster were charging nearly double for their Kreg Mini, but no-one replied (aside from being told that there was a review of jigs in a magazine) and I still don't know why there is such a discrepancy. Having said that, I'm delighted with the tool and although I don't expect to use it much, when I do I'll be confident that it will do a good job.

Ray.

Back