Radian Tools, Router Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried a new router cutter from Radian Tools last week after reading a review in Furniture & Cabinetmaking. It's a four flute 1/2" TCT bit with ball bearing guides both top and bottom. Certainly not cheap at £47.50, but the silky smooth quality of the cut and flexibility of top and bottom bearings, makes it worth the money in my view.

Don't know if it's down to the grade of carbide or the four flute design, but I was surprised at how resistant this router cutter was to scorching the workpiece.

http://www.radiantools.com/products/1/3 ... er_cutter/

Nice to find a British company that gets two thumbs up!

jasonB":14h9dioq said:
Was discussed at length in this thread

four-flute-router-bits-t53556.html?hilit=radian

J

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that thread, thanks for linking.

I'm puzzled why the main discussion was about the price of this four flute bit versus replaceable tip bits. In my view they've both got different jobs. The thing that really struck me about using the Radian bit was the great finish and that I wasn't getting any scorching even on sycamore, and I'm certainly not the best operator when it comes to copy routing!

Well I have been using mine now for several weeks and have got to say that I cannot fault it

Still giving excellent results

Rog

custard":3tzinr23 said:
I'm puzzled why the main discussion was about the price of this four flute bit versus replaceable tip bits. In my view they've both got different jobs. The thing that really struck me about using the Radian bit was the great finish and that I wasn't getting any scorching even on sycamore, and I'm certainly not the best operator when it comes to copy routing!

As I said a lot will depend on what you are using the flush trim bit for, on hardwoods it will have a much longer life than on manmade boards where it would work out very expensive for a minimal improvement in finish as once its blunt you need to buy a new one whereas the replacable blades work out at about 1/8th the cost. In the past I've got through 2 or three sets of double edge blades in a day so maybe £20, if it were the 4 flute I would be paying out £150.

J

I'm really glad that people are giving our tools a go and getting really positive results. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments.
All the feedback we have received so far has been great, and it has given us a lot of confidence.

David
Radiantools

Back