Radial Arm Routing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the dw625 router need the de1212 bracket which uses the holes for the router fence rods for attachments. The de3454 uses the narrow collar part of some small routers for fixing the router.

Back to the 1212 - it specifies the 720/721 and I doubt the 723 will work as it has a larger diameter blade and the dimensions of the whole motor assembly are larger. The brackets fit in place of the usual blade guard - basically you remove the blade and guard fron the saw and the bracket then fits in place of the guard using the same mountinh points.

Misterfish

misterfish":31pohcxh said:
I think the dw625 router need the de1212 bracket which uses the holes for the router fence rods for attachments. The de3454 uses the narrow collar part of some small routers for fixing the router.

Back to the 1212 - it specifies the 720/721 and I doubt the 723 will work as it has a larger diameter blade and the dimensions of the whole motor assembly are larger. The brackets fit in place of the usual blade guard - basically you remove the blade and guard fron the saw and the bracket then fits in place of the guard using the same mountinh points.

Misterfish
Brilliant, thanks. Is there a comprehensive list of accessories anywhere for the dw728? I can't find anything on dewalts website. Thanks again and sorry for diving in on this thread.

Here are a couple pics of a homemade mounting of a router to my RAS

Lee

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

I've never seen anything for the larger RAS, everything seems to be orientated for the 10 inch versions probably because those are the biggest sellers.

You could always try something like Lee has done - low cost but very efficient and effective.

Misterfish

Lee Brubaker":mm4w77df said:
Here are a couple pics of a homemade mounting of a router to my RAS

Lee

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

is that a wooden block screwed to a metal plate?
any welding involved or is it something a woodworker can achieve?
looks interesting

I had a molding cutter guard for the RAS which fell into disuse after I built my router table. I used the top cover of the guard because it would fit in place of the blade guard eliminating welding up some fancy gizmo. I made wood clamping system for the router & attached it to the molding cutter top plate complete with adjusting nuts & washers so that I could ensure that the router was plumb to the RAS table.
Certainly not a sophisticated system ....but it works & will perhaps give you a few ideas.

Lee

Back