Rabbit hutch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorden

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been asked to make a quick and cheap rabbit hutch for my sister. She wants a place for it to shelter/sleep and a run. I was thinking of using some of the spare OSB I have lying around for the box, but will the rabbit be hurt by the chemicals in the bond?

Does anyone have any quick plans for a hutch?

Dennis

Dennis
I dont have any plans but I saw a chicken run in Birstal Garden centre which I mean to measure up, it will make a cracking run for a rabbit.
Its the ark run with a lift off side.

But if you are going to use up the OSB I dont think the rabbit will be bothered, when we kept them they would knaw on all sorts, tanalised, ply and OSB without any effects

Bean

Years ago I used to keep a rabbit. Actually I had three, serially, and all called Albert. White, Netherland Dwarfs with sticky-up ears. Just the right size for hiding in a top hat at little Johnny's 5th birthday party on a Saturday afternoon. Yes I know it's sad, but that's what I did.

Anyway, I made him (and Charley Farley and Archibald the Grim, his erstwhile lodgers) a hutch. I didn't make a separate bedroom area, but I did put in a cardboard box, just big enough for them to snuggle up inside. It was often a 6-bottles-of-wine box IIRC. It got uninhabitably soggy (hope you aren't eating your dinner at the moment), so it was replaced every week or two, but the first thing they did when I put in a new one was to chew a hole in the back of it. Like a back door. What's all that about then? Escape route?

Shall we all try the magic words now then? Stretch out your arms, wave your hands and wiggle your fingers and say:

"Wiggley-woo, wiggley-woo, wiggley, wiggley, woo!. Ooooohh!!!!!!!!!!"

Don't you feel better now?
Cheers
Steve

You hide them in your hat?? I thought you magicked them into existance with the magic words - another childhood belief shattered :?

Hadn't thought about a back door, maybe they were trying to increase the size of their home/burrow, which would go some way to explaining why so many designs incorperate two 'rooms'.

Dennis

When I was a taxi driver I went to pick up a woman and her daughter .they wanted me to take them to a large pet shop to return a rabbit hutch.I asked why and she explained that she had only had it a couple of weeks and it had leaked all over her front room carpet.I managed to keep a straight face as I refused to carry the leaky hutch.

Steve
You are a man of many mysteries! :wink:
Is there no end to your talents? (and could you magic me up a Holtey to trump Chris?? :lol: )
Cheers
Philly Daniels
(Not a lot! :roll: )

Philly
According to all the employers around here there is no begining to them!
Cheers
S
PS Remind me to tell you the one about the three of hearts...

Latest posts

Back